Principal Designer Assistant
We can offer this service to assist Architects and Designers to fulfill their duties and roles under the CDM 2015 regulations. The Principal designer duties are applicable to Commercial and Domestic Projects.
This service can be tailored to suit each individual design practice. It can be a light touch advisory review to ensure the duties are being fulfilled. Or a fully fledged and integrated assistant role undertaking some of the Principal Designer duties helping the designer every step of the way. We have set out below the criteria for the role.
- Initial site visit
- Seek known information and ensure that this is issued to all Designers.
- Ensure that a risk register is instigated and maintained
- Attendance at meetings
- Review of designs
- Review and develop pre-construction information
- Ensure all information is handed over at tender
- Liaise with all project team members ensuring that all information/paperwork is in place before a start on site
- Seek and review all design change information
- Review the health & safety file information from Principal Contractor and ensure all designers have contributed.