Summary of Requirements:
Top management must define an Environmental Policy and ensure that, within the defined scope of its Environmental Management System, it:
- Directly relates to the Environmental Impacts of the Organisation’s scope of activities, products and services
- Takes into account the nature and magnitude of all such Environmental Impacts
- Commits the Organisation to take all reasonable steps to prevent pollution
- Commits the Organisation to continually seek improvements in its Environmental Management System
- Commits the Organisation to compliance with all relevant legal requirements
- Provides a framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and establishes timeframes for their achievement
- Is documented, put into practice and sustained
- Is introduced to all persons working for or on behalf of the Organisation
- Can be accessed by the public.
J P Chick and Partners Limited (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all legal requirements relating to the provision of civil and structural engineering services. It is the Organisation’s declared policy to operate with and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the Organisation’s objective to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisation’s activities
- Training of employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage
- Minimise energy wastage
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air
- Control noise emissions from operations
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.