Under CDM 2015 the Client role has changed to become more onerous. The Client has more duties under the regulations, unlesss they are a domestic client. Domestic clients duties pass automatically to the Principal Contractor/Contractor, unless they have appointed a Designer in writing.
Set out below is a summary of the tasks to be undertaken.
- Gather initial pre-construction information for designers
- Advise if further surveys or investigations are required
- Attend first design meeting – insist on the setting up of a risk register by the Principal Designer
- Ensure that the Principal Designer is undertaking his duties
- Review Principal Designer’s pre-construction information to ensure regulations fulfilled
- Review construction phase plan from Principal Contractor
- Attend pre-contract meeting
- Issue the F10 if required to HSE
- Visit the site on a monthly basis to review and monitor health & safety reporting to the client
JPC CDM services can assist all Clients.